Friday, May 26, 2017

Welcome to Life Documented Week 22!


Rebecca Janousek here as your host for the week! So let's get into Week 22!

Monthly Theme - Bold & Bright
Quote - "Boldly be a Pop of Color in a Black & White World"
Prompt - Layer stencils and use baby wipes to erase and soften
Technique- Make a shaped flap/page in your journal

So I was trying to utilize some of my more unloved supplies this week, once of which is my stencils and even my new scribble sticks! So this week I found a way to use them together! (Don't worry if you don't have the scribble sticks! You can use oil pastels, pastels or even crayons!)

 
  

I started out by quickly gessoing my pages then I scraped some pink and yellow paint over the pages 

 



I grabbed a stencil and some baby wipes and rubbed away some of the paint! 

 


Then I did the same thing with some lavender paint and a stencil. 

 
 

After the purple I added white paint and used the wipe and stencil again. I just love the effects that this technique leaves you with! 

 



I used my scribble sticks to make rectangles on the page for the days of the week.

 
 

I traced out a heart on some scrap paper and some hot pink card stock then I stapled it to the side of my page to make a fun flap, lastly I added some extra hearts around the page and I went around them with my scribble sticks! 

Well friends thanks for another fun week! I can't wait to see what you all create! 

Rebecca 

3 comments:

  1. The colors in this are awesome! Can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing your talents once again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique, Rebecca! :)

    ReplyDelete